Monday, May 6, 2013

What do you do?

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
Lake Tekapo, NZ - 2011
I think about this often and wonder what it is exactly that I am good at. What do I do apart from work. For some time I gave myself a hard time as I thought I was lazy. I questioned myself with ‘what do you fill your evenings and weekends with?’. There is no big task that I fill my time with. It is a mixture of small things that make it up.

So, apart from my 40-hour-a-week-job, I:

-      Walk my dog
-      Exercise. Go to the gym
-      Study via correspondence
-      Sew & knit
-      Read. Discover new authors and read new genres
-      I read blogs
-      I volunteer with people who have Down Syndrome
-      General house duties that everyone does
-      Visit family and friends
-      Discover new neighbourhoods around Sydney. Try new cafes and immerse myself in the area I live in
-      Spend time with S and Teddy

It doesn’t sound like a lot. But it is. I can’t do everything on the list all of the time because I just don’t have the time. I am busy and that is the way I like it.

5 comments :

  1. a belated happy birthday Rhiannon! i'm so jealous that you're in sydney! love your list about what you do when you're not working. that's the best job ever, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis!

      Sydney is great, you should visit some time.

      Delete
  2. Ah this post is so true haha when you really break down all the things you do outside of work.. you think how to hek do I have time to do all of those things but we just do ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I actually sit and reflect on what I do...I wonder how I do it!

      Delete
  3. I love your blog, newest follower!

    ReplyDelete