Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Change


Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.
Over the past year I have gone through a season of change. I had been living in share houses since I moved out of home, then had a housemate live with S and I. She moved out and at the same time, S got a new job that had longer hours. I went from always having people around for 23 years to having no-one (until late at night). I was lost. I take a long time to adjust and the change was lost in me. I didn't know what to do with my time, even though I had so much to do. 

Through that time, while I was always happy with where life was headed, I found myself down a lot wondering what was next.

It was during this time that I started to embrace change and looked at it in a different light. I decided then to change myself so in turn, I could accept change and alter different aspects in my life. 

I stopped being cynical, I started choosing happiness. I stopped looking for the worst in a situation and started turning it to see the best. It might have been a small positive in a large negative, but I found it. I stopped finding the negatives and stewing on them. I learnt a lot and although it is only a year later I can say that I have changed and for the better.

I love better, I am happier, I surround myself with positive people and I can truly say I have embraced change.

My advice, if you have made it this far:

Accept change, no matter how much your life is changing. Try and see the positives even though there might be more negatives. If you find yourself thinking negatively, try and alter your view. Pick a positive and stew on it. Find an activity that makes you happy and do it. 


10 comments :

  1. Top advice! I'm always dwelling on the negatives, I definitely need to sort out my attitude to embrace change xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will feel a lot better when you do :-)

      Delete
  2. Great advice. especially because when you look back in retrospect on the 'negatives' you see how they got you where you are today. Might as well start looking positively.

    Bonnie Rose | The Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. I wasn't very good when it came to change, especially all the uncertainty and not knowing exactly what was going to happen. I'm a little more comfortable with it now. I worry less and just embrace the madness and most times it works out beautifully! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a decision last year to stop worrying about things before they happen. Then I realised I was worrying about things that were good. I don't know if that makes sense, but it helped me embrace change because the change was good change.

      Delete
  4. I honestly love this post! I am fighting tooth and nail against some change that I am about to to go thru and I know I just need to let it go but its hard :(


    Thanks for sharing :)

    Stopping by via the link up
    from www.bznaturalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard. But if the change is good, then it is worth embracing. Who knows what might come out of it, but there is no need to worry about that just yet.

      Delete
  5. great advice! ive recently had a big change and struggling a bit but im going to try and look at it more positively now... thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete