Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The things we do with...hair

My hair has for the most part of my 23 years been long and brown with some version of a fringe.

Here is a visual of my 4 year old hair.
Photobucket
This style lasted until I was about 12. Long enough to reach my backside with a front fringe that could out-do all front fringes. 

When I was 12, I was allowed to cut my hair. Not too short though, it sat at about bra length. Through highschool, I dabbled in side 'swept' fringes. I got blonde foils (which were supposed to be a dark caramel) when I was in year 12. They looked terrible and I coloured over the top a couple of months later.
Photobucket

From age 17 until about 19 I had the same hair with varying shades of brown and varying lengths of fringe. I got foils in my hair again, but was promised they would blend in naturally and help with the build up of brown colour I had in my hair. I walked out 5 hours later with peroxide yellow blonde foils. I was devastated but had no time for them to fix it as I had to catch a one hour train home at 9:30pm. 2 weeks later, my hair was brown again.

Lesson learnt. I have never put foils or blonde anywhere near my hair again. Brown it is and brown it will be. 

One thing I have changed up though, is my fringe. I love a front fringe and most of the time, they actually suit me. The reason I don't still have one is the upkeep. As I have gotten older, my hair has gotten harder to manage and generally more frizzy. I can blow dry/straighten the fringe in the morning and by the afternoon it usually has curled in at a strange angle at the sides. 
Photobucket Photobucket
I think it is time for a change. I am currently growing my fringe out, but I am not sure this is the look for me. 

So blog friends, I ask you.. 
Front fringe or no front fringe? 

Does anyone have tips on how to maintain a front fringe and get it to stay in place through the day? 

Is there a particular cut I should try that will sit nicer than another cut?

1 comment :

  1. Side fringe/bangs is good and is the best of both worlds.
    I tried to do the whole fringe thing but I'm the type of person who doesn't like hair in my face but then again my face is too flat without bangs.
    Give it a try and that way it you can cut it again or let it grow :)

    ReplyDelete