Sunday, May 13, 2012

More Birthday Celebrations

I've said it before and I will most certainly say it again, I love Birthdays.

On Friday night, my dear friends T and K took me out for dinner to celebrate my Birthday. They decided on the restaurant themselves and kept it a surprise until we pulled up in the cab out the front. For someone like me, who loves to look at the menu and pre-pick my meal, this was almost torture!



In saying that, as long as there is food I am happy. Food = Happy Rhi.

They ended up choosing a tapas restaurant called Azafran, in Surry Hills. We were greeted at the door and taken to our table upstairs which was out on the balcony overlooking Crown Street. Perfect view and very quiet.

We decided on four plates to share - Grilled Chorizo with Chimmi Churri Sauce (no picture)

 Pan fried haloumi, palmitos, roasted beetroot, confit tomato and white anchovy dressing. 

 Pan roasted chicken breast with manchego cheese and sage stuffing, twice cooked chicken leg with Jamon Serrano and capsicum served over cauliflower puree

 Slow roasted pork belly, pork shoulder croquettes, carrot and apple purée, Spanish sherry reduction.

The food was fantastic and great with the sangria we ordered. After all, tapas is not tapas without sangria to accompany it. 

It was a great night, with great company and many laughs. I definitely recommend Azafran. 

2 comments :