Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What did Rhi do on the weekend?

Friday night went quickly from drinks at home to one drink in Newtown to drinks AND dinner in Newtown. It doesn't take much to convince me to have a fun night out so as soon as D mentioned it, I was all for it.
 
When D and I go for a night out, we always start at Black Sheep with a bottle wine and this was no different. I was pleased to see they've changed their food menu and the offerings are much more appetising! We tried the popcorn chicken and the nacho dip and loved both. By that time, S had joined us and it was time for flaming cocktails. Never say no to a flaming cocktail. Ever.
While the food was good, it really wasn't filling so where else do you go for dinner when you're already tipsy? Mary's, that's where. We started with the fried chicken which was ok. I am not a fried chicken fan in the slightest and I can't say I'd be in a rush to eat that again. But the burgers...ohh the burgers! I got the usual cheeseburger and fries and as usual, it did not disappoint. It was home time, after that. Friday nights out are always early for me as I am so tired from the previous week.
The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning the house from top to bottom and gardening from front to back. We went out for a couple of drinks Saturday night to Button bar in Surry Hills as well and then not much else happened!
What have you all been up to?
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment