Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I love about Teddy

Teddy is such a pal. So much so, that I decided to dedicate a post to him. If you don’t like dogs, then you should probably just stop reading now…
Without further ado – 10 things I love about Teddy.
1.    Each and every day, he greets me at the door. Wait no, at the front window. He sits on the chest by the window, sticks his head out and waits for me to kiss him before jumping off the chest and running to the door. I walk in and by then he already has a toy in his mouth and his bum is wiggling with excitement. Every day.

2.    He tells me when it’s dinner time, walk time and toilet time. You just can’t miss a walk with this dog because he tells us. He hits us with his paw and then when we look at him, he runs to the front door. I can’t say no to that. At all.

3.    He LOVES to go out with us. Even if he has to sit in the car (we only let him do that if the weather is cool). Anywhere we go, he wants to come too.

4.    He puts himself to bed when he is tired. He will go and stand about three stairs up and then look at us. Waiting to see if anyone else is ready for bed too. If we don’t get up, then he trots off upstairs and puts himself to bed.

5.    He is well behaved. He knows commands and well. He doesn’t have to be walked on a lead because he always stops at a curb (even if he is far ahead of us). If I ask him to ‘come’, he will come. If I tell him to ‘stop’, he will stop. If I tell him to ‘heel’ he will heel. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I had to use his lead.

6.    He greets people like it is his job. If I say 'Go and say hello, Ted', or 'Go give her a kiss, Ted', he will saunter over, suss the person out, maybe give them a kiss or just a sniff and let them pat him. If we enter a room full of people we know, he runs to each person for a pat.

7.    He plays dinosaurs. Dinosaurs involves the use of his bum to try and push me over. Best game!

8.    He loves me unconditionally. Even when I am annoying, or when I accidentally hurt him when I brush him..or when I give him a bath when it’s cold.

9.    He loves being blow dried. Seriously, so cute.


10. He plays racing. He knows what ‘on your marks, get set, go’ means. Even if he does cheat sometimes. He is competitive too. If you are winning, he will cut in front. I’ve only fallen once. If you win, he will jump on you at the end and play bite you.

1 comment :

  1. yay, a dog post :)

    totally agree with everything! In fact, it makes me want to go home and hug my dog right now.

    you are so lucky you don't have to use his lead. I'd LOVE to be able to take out little boy out without one. He has such bad road sense that he'd just run straight out into cars though. We've tried it a couple of times in large parks, and he just bolts. We adopted him when he was 6 years old though, and I feel like it's too late to teach him. He's happy enough.

    I might do a 10 things I love about my dog post too!

    ReplyDelete