Thursday, June 27, 2013

A bit of everything

So, where were we? Oh yeah, I haven't blogged in weeks. Even I can't remember where we were.

I had an unintended blog break pretty much because I couldn't be bothered to blog. Anyway, a few things have happened since the start of June. I have decided on a career leap that I am terrified about and I am not even sure it is the right decision, but it feels right I suppose. I submitted my application today and the manager says I have pretty much got the job.. but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves because it will be pretty embarrassing if I in fact do not get the job!

S and I are in savings mode to buy a house, which we hope to buy by the end of next year. We want to stay living in the same area and to do that, the mortgage is going to be pretty big. Not stoked about that aspect, but we'll see how we go when we get there (or when reality kicks in and we realise we need to live further out). We both opened first home savers accounts which is a bit exciting. S is the money man in this house and was asking me to open one for ages but I kept putting it off.. until I realised you get 17% interest from the Government (up to a maximum deposit of $6,000). Say no more! Free money! 

I remembered earlier that I had not blogged about my Cousin's wedding. She doesn't like pictures of her and her family all over the internet, so I leave you with pictures of me and my family. I have 5 brothers and somehow, I made them all get in photos with me. Mean sister I am. They are all taller than me too..when did I become the runt?
In other exciting news (to me), I have gotten my sewing mojo back and am on a mission to sew a dress and blouse using the patterns I bought recently - Sewaholic Pendrell and Sewaholic Cambie. S's sis works at a great fabic store that stocks some amazing materials, so she has brought me over some samples so I can choose a great fabric. Only problem is, if I am using such good quality fabric (as opposed to Lincraft and Spotlight stuff), then I want to make the garment well and not rush it. To make a garment well, an overlocker would be handy....so I have asked S for an overlocker as a graduation present as I am practical like that. Any suggestions on a good one? I have no clue!
I love the top and bottom fabrics in this pic. 

Loving the stripes! Maybe for a maxi skirt?


and finally... in less good news... my bestie moved to Brisbane a couple of weeks ago. I will miss having her live not too far away, but at least it is only 1.5 hours on a plane to see her! Also, she sends me pretty pictures of sunsets, so there is a win in there somewhere!


What have you been up to?

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful pics!
    and good luck with the job, make sure you update us!! btw, what lippy is that? It's a gorgeous shade, looks lovely on you!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-)

      It is Revlon Trendsetter (no. 85). A great lipstick, it stayed on all day!

      Delete