Monday, July 15, 2013

Pictures and Wagaya, Newtown

Hi everyone!
Following on from this post, the new job has made me super busy. I am in the process of transitioning from one job to the other, whilst both are in busy periods… and also keeping on top of Uni work. Suffice to say, this little blog o’ mine has not been at the top of my list of things to do. A shame really, since I love blogging and interacting with people.
Anyway, to try not to get too bogged down with work and uni on repeat, S and I have been making time on weekends to get out and about and get some fresh air. A couple of weeks ago we headed to Centennial Park for a long walk (right after that long week of rain) and to snap some pictures.
We also went to a Japanese restaurant called Wagaya for impromptu date night a couple of weeks ago. I had wanted to try the place out for a while, but never got around to it. Well, I regret not going sooner. It has the BEST Japanese food outside Japan…and trust me when I say I KNOW Japanese food. It is amazing. It is like a little Japanese Izakaya (tapas pub) and the staff are all Japanese. The food is authentic, you order from iPads and it is just a lot of fun. To top it off, they have Chu-Hi which is only the best Japanese alcoholic drink ever.

Okonomiyai | $9.50
Gyoza | $7.90
Wagyu Nabe | $11.50 
We ordered: Okonomiyaki (Japanese savory pancake), Yakitori (Chicken skewers), Wagyu Nabe (like a hot pot) and Gyoza (pork dumplings). The food is inexpensive and for all that, plus 2 drinks each, the bill only came to $65. Not bad at all! The service is really fast and friendly. Definitely recommend the place!
Wagaya Tapas on Urbanspoon  
 S and I sat there reminiscing about Japan and trying to decide if we will head over again in February next year. The current options are: buy a house sooner or go overseas and wait a little longer to buy a house. We’re leaning towards option 2, but we will see closer to then.
How has everyone else been?

No comments :

Post a Comment