Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sugar free February

There's no denying it, I love sugar. I love lollies, I love chocolate and anything with sugar in it.
My all time favourite lolly
I would usually buy a muffin for morning tea and it is not uncommon for me to have lollies for an 'afternoon snack'. I decided this has to stop. Whilst I am thin, it is still making me unhealthy and generally tired all the time. I am pretty sure it's also contributing to the awful bags under my eyes.

So my plan of action to get healthier (along with cutting out sugar) is:
1. Drink more water, at least 2 litres a day (I struggle with this!)
2. Replace sugary (refined sugar) treats, snacks etc with healthy ones
3. Wake up when the alarm goes off in the morning and walk Ted with S instead of laying in bed waiting for the next alarm which is half an hour later.
4. Exercise at least 4 times a week (whether it be running, cycling or walking the dog)

So far, I have replaced muffins for morning tea with grapes and cherry tomatoes and have been eating a full lunch so I don't get peckish of an afternoon. I just drink tea if I do get peckish.

Day two and I am feeling great. I am less bloated, am more awake and generally feel good. Fingers crossed I can keep it up!

No comments :

Post a Comment