Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What did Rhi do on the weekend?

Hello all!
 
Another weekend gone by and only one more until Christmas. I know most of you are excited, but I am not.
I spent another weekend around the house with little side trips out to do the grocery shopping, have drinks at a neighbour’s house and then more drinks with friends on Sunday afternoon.
Friday I had a work Christmas thing (just divisional). The only reason I am mentioning this is because I think the gift I gave my Kris Kringle was the best.
Saturday night our neighbour had a pre-Christmas get together. Her parties are always the most fun and most wild parties you have ever been too depending how much alcohol you consume. I decided to give my body a break from all the Christmas drinks I’d consumed and only had 2 drinks, so the night was early for me. I was tired and in bed by 11:30pm. Lucky the walk home was short.
Us before the party. My mouth is huge
Salted Caramel chocolate tart
Sunday was drinks with friends in Chippendale at a darling little pub called the Duck Inn.
Our friends M and T have a 5 month old baby who is just the cutest little boy ever. I suppose everyone thinks that of their own kids and/or friends kids, but really he is. I got to play with him while his parents ate their lunch and we had a lot of fun in front of a giant fan. Who knew fans could be so fun! I hear the food there is amazing – it sure did look it (I wasn’t hungry, so didn’t eat).
 
In other news, my house still shows no signs of the impending Christmas season and to be honest, it probably won’t. I have been really slack to even buy the decorations let alone put them up, so I might just have another ‘no decoration’ year and perhaps try harder to get it done a little earlier next year.
 
I am currently reading a book called ‘The dog lived (and so will I). I have been reading it for about 2 weeks thinking it was a fiction book. That was until I googled it (I was getting bored and wanted to know the ending) and it is actually a memoir. It’s a good book, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to read it again…or recommend it for that matter. Have you read any good books lately? I need some new books.

No comments :

Post a Comment