Saturday, April 14, 2012

Cafe 2042 - Newtown

I am always on the search for a new cafe to spend my weekend mornings. Often, we will get in the car and go for a drive to find somewhere but today we decided to venture to Newtown..after all, it is only a ten minute walk away.

After walking up and down King St, we decided on Cafe 2042. It was big, open and looked inviting. It also had a lot of people inside which definitely shows the quality of any restaurant/cafe.

I ordered an Acai, berry, banana and apple smoothie along with a serving of waffles with maple syrup and burnt fig ice-cream and S ordered a flat white for his morning caffeine intake and for breakfast he had bacon and maple syrup french toast.


The staff were quick to take our order and we had our drinks and meals within about 15 minutes which I think is great..I hate waiting too long for breakfast, since I usually haven't eaten at that time of the day!

My meal was great, definitely a big enough serving. I didn't really like S's french toast, but I don't like bacon and maple syrup together, so I guess that's why.

I definitely recommend this place if you are around Newtown!

2 comments :

  1. OMMMMG! those waffles look amazing. My mouth is watering, now I'm starving all of a sudden lol!

    ReplyDelete