Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A late Spring wedding

Over the weekend, S and I went to the wedding of a very dear high school friend. The ceremony was at a beautiful little Catholic church in almost-country NSW. I am not religious, but I did think the ceremony was lovely and liked that it was to the point. I've been to a Catholic wedding before that went for about two hours and it was stiflingly hot in there. Not pleasant. 
The reception was down in Wollongong at the Harbourfront Restaurant. If you haven't been there, it is a restaurant on the water overlooking the boats and bay. Beautiful views from all parts of the room. 

A definite mistake was made ordering three meals for two peoples during the break between ceremony and reception because by the time the food was served at the reception, I was still full. Eyes are too big for my belly!

I had pork belly for entree, Chicken for main and sticky date pudding for dessert. I was so stuffed  by then I couldn't even fit in a bite of cake. Such a shame. 

The bride requested I didn't wear black as per my original plan, so I went out seeking colour and colour I did find. In the form of a bright green dress! It will be perfect for my 'tropicana' themed Christmas party this coming Friday too. 

A wedding is not a wedding without some dancing.

Nor is a wedding a wedding without some Photo Booth fun. 
 Congratulations, Mr and Mrs D!!

Follow me on Facebook



2 comments :